Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Chapter 1 - Crumbs!


"ARNAV!" She screamed louder, pouncing into a hug. He stumbled back slightly then balanced himself, his face automatically brightening up with a smile, whilst he hugged her back with one of his arms and lifted her off of the floor. "Oh my god! Where the heck have you been hiding Mr Raizada?!" She was still screaming. He looked around, having noticed they had now caught the attention of other people. "Quieten down woman! People are looking!" "Okay sorry sorry, where have you been hiding Raizada?" She whispered this time, then giggled to herself. He laughed back at her antics. "I've been hiding from you obviously. Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in India?" He raised his eyebrow at her accusingly. "I'm going." "Now?" "Yes." "What? But wasn't your flight for last Friday?" "I missed it." She waved her hand, dismissively, then took his hand leading the way. He puller her back, "WHAT?! You missed your flight?" He shouted. "Be quiet! People are looking!" She mocked his earlier tone and continued to walk. "Oh shut up!" He stopped her again. "How irresponsible are you?" "Very! Now stop with the lecture. I'm hungry!"

"Does he miss me?" She continued with her questions, stuffing her face with a muffin, the crumbs falling over the table. He rolled his eyes and looked back at his phone. "Am I talking to a brick wall?" She shook his arm. "What?" He asked, looking up again. "Does. He. Miss. Me?" She repeated the words slowly. He raised his eyebrow at her then looked back down. She sighed loudly, "okay, how's your blonde?" He smirked then looked up at her again, "it's a brunette now," he winked. "Oh my god! Get out!" She shouted. "Chii Arnav! You are such a man whore! I feel sorry for them." "I feel sorry for you," he laughed. "Whatever!" She sighed again, this time even more annoyed and made a grab for his phone. "Khushi! Give me back my phone!" "NO! I'm talking to you! I honestly don't know how women dig you!" "Give it back! No wonder Aakash never gets any work done!" She rolled her eyes at him, "it's because unlike you he has a life," she commented. He looked her up and down for a second, "yes and that's why he's stuck with an insane person like you," he replied whilst grabbing his phone back off of her. "You're just jealous Raizada." "Of course," he replied raising his eyebrows then straightening his shirt as he made to get up. "Where are you going?" "Same place you are and if you don't want to miss your flight again, I suggest you come with me," he said blandly, getting up and fixing his hair. "You are going to India too!" She exclaimed and jumped up. "Yes and you my dear have five minutes," he replied calmly, throwing a pointed look towards her stuff. "Oh yeah. Sorry." She got up hurriedly, almost toppling the table over in her haste, then proceeded to dusting the crumbs off her pants. He handed her her handbag, a look of amusement crossing his face. She took it off him as he turned around taking long strides towards the boarding gate. She quickly grabbed her cardigan and half ran, half walked behind him. "Slow down Raizada!" She screamed catching up with him.

"Excuse me? Can I swap seats with you?" Khushi asked the heavy-set, groggy looking man seated next to Arnavs seat. He looked up looking exhausted, his mouth slowly starting to form the word no. "Yes? Aw thank you! I'll help you move your stuff." Khushi quickly reached upto grab his bag, as the man looked on incredulously. Arnav chuckled to himself watching Khushi chasing the man away. She called over the air hostess. "Hi he would like to swap his seat with mine," she told the air-hostess pointing towards her seat and handing the hand luggage over to her. Arnav watched shaking his head as the air-hostess led the flustered looking man away. Khushi on the other hand smiled, highly pleased with herself. "Khushi you're unbelievable! You should have seen the look on that poor mans face." Her smile widened and sitting down next to him, she opened her mouth to continue. "Okay shh!" He quietened her before she could start. "I really need to get on with my work now," he continued, opening up his mac. She made a face at him, "fine! God you're so boring!" She exclaimed, whilst plugging the earphones in her ears and began to move to a slow beat. He watched her for a few second, smirking then resigned back to his work.

A memory:
"You're my back-up plan!" Exclaimed an ecstatic Khushi, her face beaming and her eyes glinting with that spark of joy you could only see when she came up with some sort of plan, possibly a stupid one. "I'm your what?" He asked jumping off of the wall, looking at her knowing this would be about yet another one of her mindless plans. "My back-up! You know if all else fails I'll still be able to get married to you!" "Haha you wish!" He shoved her out of his way, kicking a bottle that was lying on the path. "What? As if you'll even find someone." She had stopped now, he turned back to look at her annoyed expression. "Oh whatever Gupta shut up and let's go get something to eat! I'm so hungry." "Fine let's go anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll find a nice guy," she winked. 

A memory:
"Do you think he likes me?" "Who?" Arnav looked up from his burger, raising his eyebrow slightly. He had come up to meet her during his lunch break. After uni had finished they hardly spent time together and for a week or so he had been far too busy showing Aakash around town. "Aakash!" She smiled one of her wide smiles, the childishness he had grown so fond of over all of those years, still there in its purest form. His eyes widened, shocked and he put the burger down almost immediately, not sure what to make of it. 

He looked at her, sitting next to him, her eyes closed as she listened to her music and he smiled a sad smile. It was too late now...

3 comments: